Ham and Pea Pasta
A light weeknight dinner, perfect for a busy night when you don’t have much time to throw dinner together.
Pasta doesn’t need to be off the menu when you are following a healthy eating plan. Just try to use wholemeal pasta if you can, and watch your portion sizes. Why not serve this with a big green salad?
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 large handful of chopped parsley
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 zucchini finely chopped
- Some grated parmesan to top
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions.
- In a pan, saute the garlic with the tablespoon of oil.
- Add in the peas and let them rethermalise and cook off a little moisture.
- Add the zucchini, ham, lemon juice, zest and parsley.
- When warmed through, stir the ingredients through the cooked pasta.
- Dish out the pasta and lightly dress it with some olive oil and some lightly grated Parmesan.
Serves 4 at 370 calories per serve
For more healthy meal and snack recipes, join thousands of other mums on our next 28 Day Challenge