One pot spaghetti bolognese
Here is the spaghetti bolognese a great one-pot meal that will feed a family of 6 (or provide delicious leftovers).
And yes, even the pasta is cooked in the same pot!
Save time on washing up and mess by creating this tasty one pot wonder from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for a mid-week meal in around 30 minutes.
Try to find wholegrain spaghetti if you can – it’s a much healthier option when you are trying to lose weight.
This healthy spaghetti bolognese recipe contains 6 different vegetables so it’s a great way to pack in lots of nutrition and vitamins.
If you would prefer not to use the wine, simply use 3 cups of stock instead of 2.
|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||30 mins|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion peeled and finely diced
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 6 medium mushrooms chopped
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 tsp minced chilli optional
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 800 g tinned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 250 g wholemeal spaghetti
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of fresh basil leaves to serve
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over med/high heat – the pan needs to be big enough to hold all of the bolognese and the spaghetti too.
- Cook the onion, carrot, celery and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the chilli, if using, and then add the zucchini and mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the mince to the pan and brown the mince for around 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour in the Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, tomatoes, wine and stock.
- Season to taste and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add your spaghetti to the pan (you may need to break the pasta in half if your pan isn’t big enough).
- Simmer, uncovered, for around 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring several times during the cooking time.
- Sprinkle over the fresh basil leaves, and then serve with the Parmesan cheese.
Calories per serve: 415
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.