Healthy Chocolate Doughnut Smoothie
OMG if your jaw isn’t on the floor with this recipe then – I congratulate you for your self restraint.
But we are ABSOLUTELY DROOLING over this Chocolate Doughnut Smoothie!
This is NOT any everyday smoothie (not with the added melted chocolate on the top and on the inside of the cup).
BUT we firmly believe in moderation and with two scoops of our Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix in this decadent delight, you are guaranteed a lot of vitamins and minerals and nutrition with your indulgence!
- 1 wheat cereal biscuit eg Weetbix 15 grams
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk of choice 250 mls
- 2 tsp cacao/cocoa powder 8 grams
- 2 tbsp Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix Chocolate 25 grams
- 60 g melted dark chocolate
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper
- Pour 3/4 melted dark chocolate thinly onto baking paper in desired pattern
- Place in freezer until set
- Pour remaining melted dark chocolate in desired pattern on the side of your chosen smoothie cups
- Place cups inside freezer until chocolate is set - about 10 minutes (make sure to use freezer safe glass fragile glass may break in the freezer if you forget to take them out)
- Put wheat biscuit in a blender (leaving a few pinches aside for decoration if desired), pour over milk and leave for a few minutes, until wheat biscuit is mushy.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Add set chocolate flourishes and wheat sprinkles (if desired)
- Can be made with heated milk and drunk warm.
Tip: For a super smooth smoothie, remember to blend the ingredients for 2-3 minutes as the smoothies are a natural product, are non refined, are low in sugar, are high in natural fibres and contain whole foods so need a good blend. Tip: Cacao is what we know as cocoa but in its raw form.
Special thanks to Danielle Jacobson for her beautiful smoothie image!