Refined sugar free Christmas Mince Pies
It can be tough to stay on track with your healthy eating plan at Christmas time.
Today we have a healthy fruit mince pie recipe for you, that is refined sugar-free! The mince pie recipe list might be long but don’t let that fool you, it’s very simple and easy to make.
Making a healthier version of an old favourite can be a great way to help keep you on track to reaching your goals, without missing out on all the yummy Christmas treats.
- Fruit Mince
- 500 g apple
- 250 g sultanas
- 110 g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 zest of orange
- 500 ml water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Oat Cup Base
- 175 g rolled oats
- 50 g dessicated coconut
- 70 g almond meal or LSA works well too
- 2 tbsp cold coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey/pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- To make the mince filling place all ingredients into a pot, bring to the boil and allow to simmer until apples are soft, cranberries and sultanas are plump and mixture becomes thick. Add more water if need be. Set aside to cool while you prepare the pie cases
- Line your muffin tray with baking paper or grease slightly and pre heat oven to 180
- To make the pie cases combine the dry ingredients in a bowl or food processor and mix. Add in coconut oil, honey, vanilla and water and combine until smooth and mixture sticks together. Add more water if mixture is still too dry to stick together
- When mixture sticks together squeeze any excess water out, wrap in cling wrap and leave in the fridge for 40 mins
- Once the mixture has had time to chill, roll mixture out between two sheets of baking paper and cut with a cookie cutter to be slightly larger than your muffin tray
- Place the cut mixture in to each hole and fill with the cooled fruit mince filling and top with small cuts of the oat mixture
- Bake in oven until brown and allow too cool for 5 mins in tray before placing on a cooling rack. Serve warm and enjoy
200 calories per mince pie
For plenty more festive faves, check out The Healthy Mummy Christmas Cookbook
The Festive Cookbook is an absolute must have this Christmas.
This eBook features everything from how to stay on track during the silly season to dos and don’ts on alcoholic beverages.
The book also features a range of healthy yet delicious recipes including Starters, Sides, Mains, Desserts, Smoothies, Leftovers and Cocktails.
Don’t forget, you can join the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and start your journey to a healthier and happier you.
For all the details and to sign up, click HERE.
Are You Ready To Become A Healthy Mummy?
If you’re looking for more easy, low-budget, healthy meals like this, you’ll love our Winter Weight Loss Challenge.
You’ll have access to 6,000 recipes, 28 days of customisable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans each month as well as daily mum-friendly exercise plans.
Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 2 million kilos between them!
Prices start from less than a dollar a day. Learn More Now