Healthy coconut cups
Losing baby weight does not have to mean giving up the sweet treats! Here at The Healthy Mummy we believe there’s room in a healthy eating plan for indulgences that are low in calories and full of healthy ingredients. Just like these Healthy Coconut Cups!
The sweetness is provided by healthy alternatives to sugar like dates and honey, so no need to feel guilty!
- ¼ cup almonds can substitute with other nuts
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 5 medjool dates – pitted
- ½ cup light coconut cream
- ¼ tsp coconut essence
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey or your preferred sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Blitz almonds and coconut until crumbly
- Add dates and blitz until combined.
- Press into silicon moulds or mini patty cases then pop in the freezer to set (each base weighing approx 11 grams each)
- Mix all ingredients together (I just did it in a measuring jug with a fork) until well combined.
- Remove bases from freezer and pour coconut mixture over the top of each base.
- Pop back in the freezer to set.
- Store in freezer.
- Can be eaten straight from freezer or leave out of freezer for a few minutes to soften before eating.
99 calories per cup