Healthy gooey chocolate brownies
Read our delicious recipe for Healthy Gooey Chocolate Brownies, a recipe from The Healthy Mummy, which is a safe way to lose weight after having a baby.
When you think of a chocolate brownie you instantly think that it is a no-go when you are following a healthy eating plan.
Today we have this gooey chocolate brownie reader recipe for you all to try. They would make a great afternoon sweet treat, or even a great addition to the school lunch boxes.
- ½ cup dark chocolate melts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 50 g dates Soaked in hot water for 15minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour
- Set oven to 180 degrees and line a tin with baking paper
- Gently melt chocolate, honey and coconut oil in a pan and set aside to slightly cool
- In the meantime blend together the avocado, banana and dates until smooth
- Pour the slightly cooled chocolate mix into the banana mix and stir together
- Add the flour and stir until combined
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out mostly clean
- Allow to cool then cut into 12 squares – enjoy!
100 Calories per serve
Recipe submitted by Sian Atkinson
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for more sweet treat recipes!
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.