Healthy Herbed Chicken Rissoles and Beetroot Salad
These delicious lightly herbed and spiced chicken rissoles served with a beautiful salad of roasted beetroot and pumpkin comes straight from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and makes a for healthy and tasty dinner at just 398 calories per serve.
What makes this recipe so good?
Made with lean chicken breast flavoured with fresh coriander, mint and parsley and delicately spiced with cumin and paprika, these appetising rissoles are really easy to prepare in a food processor and fried gently.
The salad is made up of roasted fresh beets and pumpkin dressed with an apple cider vinegar, mustard and honey, topped with walnuts.
You could always make the rissoles and roasted veggies ahead of time and simply reheat and assemble for a speedy mid week dinner the whole family will love.
- cooking oil spray
- 2 fresh beetroots diced
- 2 cups pumpkin diced
- 500 grams chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 red chillies
- 3 tbsp wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 cups mixed lettuce
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roast beetroot and pumpkin on a prepared baking tray in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add chicken breast, coriander, mint and parsley to a food processor until chicken is minced. Add cumin, paprika, chilli, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper blend again for 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Roll the chicken mince mix into 8 rissoles (2 per serve).
- Heat a frying pan over medium to high heat and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Cook chicken rissoles for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through, turning regularly.
- While the chicken is cooking, make salad dressing in a small bowl. Combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, water, seeded mustard and honey, whisk together with a fork until well combined.
- In a large bowl add roast beetroots, roast pumpkin, lettuce, red onion and walnuts, toss to combine.
- Evenly divide the salad between 4 plates, top with 2 rissoles per serve and drizzle with dressing.
- One salad in one serve. Serve immediately.
398 calories per serve
Get access to thousands of family and budget friendly recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an affordable, customisable weight loss program PROVEN to help mums reach their weight loss goals.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – express workouts just 10 mins
- Challenge includes a range of different exercises, Pilates, Dance Cardio, Yoga, Pilates, Hiit, Pregancy Workouts, Boxing, Weights Workouts.
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to over 4500 thousand EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!