Lunch box-friendly: healthy oat and honey slice
If you’re stuck for snack-spiration, look no further than this delicious, healthy oat and honey slice.
This sweet snack from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge ticks all the boxes; low in calories, with slow release energy from the rolled oats. Sweetness comes from honey as opposed to sugar. This slice is also ideal for kids and PERFECT for lunch boxes too as it is nut free.
|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||25 mins|
- 2 cups traditional rolled oats not quick oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup runny honey
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Cooking spray to grease tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Lightly grease a slice pan with cooking spray
- Line pan with non-stick baking paper
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well
- Add the melted butter, tahini and honey and stir well to combine (you can heat these ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat to make them softer and easier to stir)
- Press mixture into the prepared slice pan using a spoon to flatten and smooth
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove, allow to cool and slice into squares
Recipe makes 20 squares at 200 calories each
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?