Healthy Sticky Pork Cutlets And Mash
Here at the Healthy Mummy, we love taking traditional favourites and creating a healthier (and just as delicious) version.
Take our Healthy Sticky Pork Cutlets And Mash recipe. All the flavour of the more well-known versions of ‘pork and mash’ but lower in calories, sugar and fat – and packed with extra nutrients.
Pork is an often forgotten form of protein but it’s a great choice, especially for women. Pork is high in protein, iron and a whole range of essential and trace minerals while also being low in fat. The iron content in particular is a big plus for women as many of us can be lacking due to pregnancy/birth/breastfeeding and a busy lifestyle.
This Healthy Sticky Pork Cutlets And Mash recipe is the perfect quick and easy mid-week meal for families and those taking part in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. This recipe pairs pork cutlets with a cannellini beans and parsnip mash. It makes a healthy and tasty change from the usual potato mash which can be loaded with butter and cream and is relatively high GI.
This recipe is taken from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. You can find all the details about the upcoming challenge HERE.
- 8 parsnips peeled and chopped
- 480 g canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup reduced fat milk
- 4 lean pork cutlets on the bone
- 2 apples cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp plain wholemeal flour
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups green beans trimmed
- Steam parsnips until tender. Place in a food processor with beans and milk and puree until smooth.
- Meanwhile, place a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Place the pork in the pan and cook for 3 minutes each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add apples, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Dissolve flour in the apple juice and add to pan with the apples.
- Return the pork cutlets to the pan and bring the apple sauce to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes or until cutlets are cooked through and sauce has thickened. Steam beans until tender crisp.
- Serve cutlets and apples with the sauce on top of the mash and beans on the side.
Recipe makes 4 serves at 617 calories per serve.
For healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?