Healthy Vegetable Wraps
You don’t need to be a vegetarian to enjoy a delicious vegetable wrap. The Healthy Vegetable Wrap from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a great way to get in your five a day and makes a good alternative to your average soggy sandwich! Using fresh, crunchy veggies, vegetable wraps are quick and easy to make and ideal for meal prep. Have all your veggies precut and it takes no time at all to throw together when you’re in a hurry.
Plus, they’re a great way to use up any leftover ingredients you have in the fridge. For this recipe, you could use avocado or ricotta instead of hummus, or green capsicum instead of red. Use whatever you have or to suit your tastes. Perfect for little people and adults – they are also packed with fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- 2 mini tortilla wraps
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp hummus
- 3/4 stalk celery
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber
- 1/2 medium carrot
- 1/3 punnet baby corn
- 1/4 red capsicum
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 cup mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 slice reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Take the tortilla wraps and warm up in the microwave for 30 seconds. Slice the carrot, cucumber and celery into thin sticks. Halve the baby corn, cut the capsicum into strips, slice the tomato and grate the cheese.
- Smear each wrap with the hummus and then arrange the carrot and capsicum, cucumber, baby corn and celery within the wrap.
- Add some low fat grated cheddar cheese if you like, then wrap each tortilla.
- Serve alongside the lettuce, tomato slices and lime, which is to be squeezed over your wrap if desired.
362 calories per serve
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.