Make this shredded chicken burrito bowl for your lunch for the week
Here’s a great Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe that you can make on a Sunday or Monday and package up for your lunches for the week.
Even if things get busy, you will have a healthy lunch on hand ready to go.
Thanks to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie for sharing this fab recipe with us.
It’s a great idea to make lunches in advance. That way you won’t succumb to a less than healthy option when you are hungry.
Want more recipes that you can make ahead for your snacks for the week? Click here.
Want to prep your breakfasts for the whole week?
Find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.
- 3/4 cup brown rice uncooked
- 2 corn cobs cooked
- 500 grams chicken thighs
- 400 grams tinned black beans drained
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 sprigs coriander
- 2 limes
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Cook brown rice per packet instructions, once cooked squeeze 1/4 lime over the rice and mix.
- While rice is cooking, place the coconut oil in frying pan and cook chicken thighs.
- Place cooked chicken, water, spices and 1 sprig of fresh coriander in Thermomix or food processor and blitz until chicken is shredded.
- Pour drained black beans in to same frying pan as you cooked the chicken in and fry on high for 2 minutes until heated through.
- Add to shredded chicken and squeeze juice from 1/2 a lime over. Set aside.
- Cut corn kernels off the corn cobs.
- Finely dice red onion & finely chop 1 sprig fresh coriander.
- Mix chopped onions, coriander & corn kernels into bowl with juice of 1/4 of a lime.
- Cut remaining lime into 5 wedges
- Cut avocado into 5
- Place equal amounts of brown rice into plastic tubs, then top with the
- chicken and black bean mix. Spoon corn mix over chicken and pop some lime into each tub.
- Add the avocado fresh each day on top. Cover tubs with a lid and store in the fridge, ready to grab and go when you need it.
350 calories per serve.
Want more recipes like this Chicken Burrito recipe? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.