5 ingredient spinach and feta pie recipe
These crispy, healthy spinach and feta pie recipes make a delicious breakfast or light lunch.
Prepare a larger batch and keep them in the freezer so that you have something healthy ready to go.
This spinach and feta pie recipe comes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 2 cups frozen spinach thawed
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/3 cup reduced fat feta
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1 sheet reduced-fat puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Squeeze water from thawed spinach then combine with feta, garlic, and one of the eggs. Mix well and season with pepper.
- Cut just-thawed pastry sheet into 6 rectangles. Place a spoonful of spinach filling on one side of a rectangle, fold over the other end of the pastry and crimp the edges with a fork to enclose. Repeat with remaining filling and pastry.
- Place puffs on prepared oven tray, whisk remaining egg in a small bowl and brush over each pastry rectangle.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Two puffs is one serve. Can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge to reheat when ready to serve or suitable for freezing. Just defrost and reheat in the oven before serving.
320 calories per serve
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.