Sugar free seeded toffee the kids will love
Do you remember having toffee as a kid? It would almost rip your teeth out and was LOADED with sugar! Well this version is sweet and yummy, but FREE from cane sugar, fructose and anything artificial. It’s also full of healthy seeds and grains instead.
Your kids will love this NUT-FREE sweet treat from Healthy Mummy member Shelley. It’s a great way to get your family on board with your healthy eating plan.
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pepitas
- 1 tbsp raw buckwheat
- Gently heat rice malt syrup (this will only take a short time. Approx 10 seconds in the microwave, depending on your power level and slightly longer if on the stove)
- Mix in remaining ingredients and spoon into 8 mini cupcake patty cases.
- Pop in the freezer to set, overnight or a little longer works best.
- When they are ready to eat, slowly remove patty case then enjoy.
- Can be eaten straight from the freezer as the mixture will not freezer solid.
- Keep stored in the freezer.
44 calories each
Find lots more healthy recipes for kids here and some simple ways to teach children the effects of too much sugar.
More sugar free sweet treats
Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
You won’t believe that these are actually healthy and only 128 cals! They are so indulgent and delicious, the whole family will love them. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer (if there ARE any leftovers!)
Get the recipe for Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups here
Choc Raspberry Volcano Cookies
These Choc Raspberry cookies are the perfect sweet treat. So you have them on hand for when cravings strike, make them in bulk and store cookies in an airtight container in the freezer for 2-3 months, simply top with Jam when serving.
Get this recipe on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Flourless Chocolate Cake
This flourless and sugar-free indulgent cake contains a mystery ingredient that’s full of fibre and protein! This show-stopping dessert won’t just satisfy your sugar cravings, it’ll keep you fuller for longer.
Get the recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake here
Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes
How amazing do these little gems look? At just 119 calories per cheesecake, they make the perfect dessert or sweet snack. Using Natvia’s salted caramel topping, you get that wonderful sweet-salty hit!