Tasty Asian chicken noodle salad
Salad it seems, sometimes gets a bad rep. We get caught in the trap of imagining a sad cherry tomato sitting atop a few wilted lettuce leaves, unappetising and unappealing.
That example however, couldn’t be further from the super delicious reality of this Tasty Asian Chicken Noodle Salad which proves that salad doesn’t have to be boring.
A fresh and healthy addition to your summer menu, this nutrient-dense salad is packed with warm chicken, rice noodles, lettuce and snowpeas, making it filling as well as delicious.
It’s ideal as a light dinner or yummy lunch, especially if you are taking part in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. One of the best things about this recipe is its versatility. Feel free to swap the mixed lettuce leaves for baby spinach, swap the veggies for whatever you have in the crisper or try experimenting with noodle varieties. Rice, buckwheat and even zucchini noodles would all work well.
- 400 g diced chicken breast
- 90 g rice noodles
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 finely chopped spring onions
- 4 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 4 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 green apple, sliced
- Coconut oil or vegetable oil spray
- Cook diced chicken breast and garlic over a medium heat in cooking spray until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place vegetables in a large bowl with lemon juice and sauces.
- Add chicken to salad, stir through and set aside for flavours to infuse.
- Cook noodles as per packet instructions. Rinse in warm water and stir through salad.
- Add apple slices and drizzle with any remaining lemon juice
Recipe makes 2 serves with 390 calories per serve.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.
NEXT CHALLENGE STARTS SOON!