The Perfect Dessert for ANY Occasion
Pavlova is a favourite dessert for any occasion, and thankfully you don’t need to give it up when following a healthy eating plan.
This simple recipe for individual mini pavs comes straight from our December 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – which shows that you can still indulge in delicious food while you lose weight.
You can make these ahead of time, as the meringue bases can keep for a week or two in an airtight container in the pantry.
We love that these are individual pavlovas – and you can customise the topping to your taste. Why not serve up the pavlovas with a platter of fresh fruit options so you can add to your own dessert?
|Cook Time||40 mins|
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tbs Natvia baking sweetener
- 1 tbs Cornflour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp fresh or tinned
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 120C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks then continue beating and slowly add the Natvia baking sweetener a little at a time. Beat until the meringue has firm glossy peaks and Natvia is fully dissolved.
- Drizzle over the vanilla and vinegar and sift over the cornflour. Fold through gently using a large metal spoon.
- Scoop meringue into 4 portions on the lined tray and form into pavlova nests with the back of the spoon.
- Place tray in oven and reduce heat to 100C. Bake for approximately 40 minutes until the meringue begins to firm and slightly brown. Turn off the oven and prop open the door to allow meringues to cool completely in the oven, this can take an hour or more.
- Pavlova nests can be served immediately or store in an airtight container, ensuring they are completely dry in the pantry for 2-3 weeks (they must be kept cool and dry to store well).
- When ready to serve combine half the passionfruit pulp with the yoghurt and spoon into pavlovas.
- Top with raspberries and remaining passionfruit pulp. One pavlova with yoghurt and fruit is one serve.
Makes 4 serves at 98 calories per serve
For more great desserts join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.