Turkey and Cranberry Sausage Rolls – Perfect for Christmas Time!
These delicious yet healthy sausage rolls from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge make the perfect snack to enjoy during the festive season (or any other time of the year!) Using turkey mince and dried cranberries, as well as some hidden veggies, these are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
And at just 174 calories per serve, you can enjoy them guilt free and they are in The Healthy Mummy app
Why not make a double batch and take them to your next Christmas gathering. People won’t even realise they’re healthy!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- cooking oil spray
- 3 sheets reduced fat puff pastry
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 1 Onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 400 grams turkey mince
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup milk
- Remove pastry from the freezer to defrost and preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a food processor, blitz carrots and onion for 30-45 seconds until no more large chunks remain, add turkey mince, breadcrumbs, garlic, rosemary and egg blitz for 30-45 seconds or until well combined. Add cranberries and blitz for a further 15 seconds to mix through.
- Slice puff pastry sheets in half and spoon the mince mix lengthways down each half (leaving at least a centimetre pastry border down the side) of each puff pastry strip in a sausage shape.
- Roll each pastry strip over tightly into a roll and seal the edges with a little milk. Brush a small amount of milk over the top of the pastry rolls so they brown in the oven. Cut each pastry roll in thirds so you have 6 rolls per sheet of puff pastry.
- Place on the prepared trays and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake rolls in a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- One sausage roll is 1 serve. Cool leftovers and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
174 calories per sausage roll
Want more Healthy recipes like this one? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
This recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is a yummy example of just SOME of the delicious, healthy and easy to make snacks and meals you can tuck in to.
With over 4,500 recipes to choose from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge helps you eat well (and deliciously) with ease and while losing weight Start your Healthy Mummy Journey Today.
You can learn more about our Challenge HERE.