Classic Veggie Lasagne
A delicious vegetarian lasagne is always a good recipe to have in your repertoire. It can work well as part of your 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal plan and is a fabulous way to get more vegetables into your day. Try wholemeal lasagne sheets for an added kick of fibre.
This lasagna makes 6 serves and reheats well for lunch the next day. You can also make and then freeze in single serve portions to defrost for those busy nights when you don’t have time to cook. For more freezer friendly meal ideas click here.
- 2 brown onions
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 large mushroom
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 750 g smooth reduced fat ricotta
- 250 g no-cook pasta sheets wholemeal if possible
- Chop up the onion and pan fry with the garlic and oil in a large pan.
- Chop up the veggies and add them to the onion. Add in the water and cook for 5 minutes with a lid on. Add more water if it needs a bit more liquid.
- Add in the diced tomato and tomato paste and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour half the veggie sauce into the base of a baking dish. Place some wholemeal pasta sheets on top. Then spread on some ricotta. Repeat until finished with a layer as ricotta as the final layer.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese on the very top.
- Cover with foil and cook for 25 minutes in a 180C oven. Take the foil off and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
Serves 6 at 395 calories per serve
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?