Healthy Mummy, Stacey, shares her lowest point before turning to The Healthy Mummy, “I would look in the mirror and critique everything about myself. I hated the body I saw reflecting back at me. None of my clothes fit me. I lived in jeans and a top even on the hottest of days as I was too self-conscious to wear anything else because I constantly felt like I was being judged by strangers who walked past me.”
Mum feels more body confident than ever thanks to The Healthy Mummy
Stacey Webb, 35, from Blue Mountains, NSW, is a mum of four children aged: 7 years, 5 years and 1-year-old twins.
Stacey shares, “My first weight loss journey before the twins was 10 kilos in 3 months. Then my second weight loss journey after the twins was 14 kilos in 7 months. I went from a size 14 to a size 12. Over 60cm loss.”
How the Healthy Mummy has helped Stacey
Stacey shares the Healthy Mummy has assisted her with scaled and modified exercises under the guidance of a professional when she had a back injury. It also helped her to have a healthy and active twin pregnancy.
She has also noticed improved self-confidence and body confidence plus overall mindset changes including lowered anxiety levels.” I am appreciating my body for what it had already gone through as well as what it continues to do.”
“My second child was around 2.5 years old, my sister, nephew and niece (who was 7 days old) were involved in a horrific home accident. My husband and I became a full-time carer to our niece from 3 weeks old to 16 months.
“Between caring for 3 children, working, visiting my sister and nephew, and attending multiple appointments for my niece I started to not care for myself.
“I would look in the mirror and critique everything about myself. I hated the body I saw reflecting back at me. None of my clothes fit me. I lived in jeans and a top even in the most hottest of days as I was too self conscious to wear anything else because I constantly felt like I was being judged by strangers who walked past me.
“I used to cancel seeing friends (often at the last minute). I was feeling lost, alone and ashamed of the weight I put on.”
“I wanted to start caring for myself and that is when I found the Healthy Mummy. I can’t remember how I found it but I am grateful I found it. I started with free recipes and exercises and then joined their membership. During that time I lost 10 kilos and maintained the weight loss during a back injury.
“After I recovered from my back injury I fell pregnant with twins. I knew this pregnancy was my last pregnancy and I really wanted to embrace and enjoy the pregnancy. I had a healthy and active Healthy Mummy pregnancy.
“I started to really appreciate and be grateful that I was carrying two babies. I was giving myself a positive affirmation daily. I believe it was the start to be accepting and embracing my body.”
“After I had the twins I did not weigh or measure myself or take a progress photo until I was one month postpartum.
“I personally like to weigh, measure and take progress shots monthly purely for my own curiosity on the changes of my body during training before I fell pregnant with the twins. And during the pregnancy, I did weigh myself occasionally but took weekly ‘belly bump’ shots as I quite enjoyed seeing how much my body changed during the pregnancy.”
“After having the twins I listened to my body and took things easy if needed when it came to exercising (after I got clearance). Instead of wanting to lose a certain amount of weight or lose a certain amount of sizes, I focused my goals on wanting to be fitter and stronger.
“I got more excited about reaching a fitness or strength goal than losing weight. For example, I was more excited about doing box jumps and doing a half marathon after the twins were born then finding out I weighed under my pre twin pregnancy weight.
“Instead of being upset about my stomach overhang and stretch marks I embraced it.”
Stacey says, “Just recently I wore a bikini when my husband and I took the kids away for the weekend. I didn’t really care about what anyone thought about it. I was just in the moment and enjoying the day seeing my kids laugh and smile that I was playing in the pool with them and not just minding the bags.
“Don’t get me wrong every day has its ups and downs. But I have been trying to focus more on my mindset and think more in a positive way. Doing this has allowed me to accept and love my body now for what it has done and for what it continues to do for me.
“I love the person I see in the mirror looking back at me, I dont criticise myself and most importantly i became friends with myself which allowed me to accept and love me for who I am.”
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app
Stacey shares, “I use the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app daily from getting access to thousands of recipes, customising my meal plans, meal prepping Healthy Mummy snacks and meals, making Healthy Mummy lunches and dinners, and using the workouts.”
“I love how everything I need is in the app. I can do the workouts anywhere, and do the workouts with or without my kids.”
“I am particularly loving the NEW Stronger and Dance STRONG workouts that have recently been made available on the app. I also love the My Coach with motivational and inspirational quotes to read each day as well as reminders to get active and when upcoming fitness tests are due.”
Healthy Mummy Smoothies
“I use a lot of other Healthy Mummy products daily. Besides the Healthy Mummy Smoothie and Healthy Mummy Protein powder, I also love:
- I absolutely love all of the Healthy Mummy SKIN range for my face and body, particularly the Flash Balm.
- I use the Healthy Mummy Resistance bands and Yoga mat for my workouts.
- I wear the Healthy Mummy singlets, tights, and jumpers when working out or even just for everyday wear.
- I love the Healthy Mummy snack bars and protein ball mix, brownie mix, along with the Metabolism tablets.
- I have also recently been using the Healthy Mummy Sugar X that just been released. Order yours HERE.
Stacey’s favourite Healthy Mummy meals include:
- Chicken parma and salad
- Roast chicken with seasonable vegetables
- High Fibre Vegetarian Curry
- Green Chicken Curry with mixed vegetables
- Spicy Vegetarian Pasta
- Choc mint balls
- Nutella Bliss Balls
- Choc Almond Bliss Balls
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
All these recipes and many, many more are available on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
The Healthy Mummy Community
“I could not believe how much support, inspiration, and motivation the Healthy Mummy Community provides through so many uplifting and amazing ladies.
“I am now expanding and getting out of my comfort zone not only when I make meals for my family and myself, but also in regards to my fitness too.
“It is from the Healthy Mummy Community that I have formed some amazing friendships and have been lucky enough to meet some of these amazing ladies.”
Stacey’s top tips for success
- Being healthy isn’t the same for everyone. Developing a lifestyle and routine that is sustainable allows you to reach your goals and enjoy the process along the way. This is where the saying ‘Don’t compare yourself to others’ comes in and it really is the truth.
- Focus on embracing how amazing and unique you are rather than trying to be someone else. This could eliminate putting your body in a negative mindset that could be emotionally destructive and damaging to your self-esteem.
- It’s not about losing a particular size or losing a certain amount of weight.
- Accept and embrace your body at all stages. Stop criticising yourself and thinking negative about your body. Let go of the unrealistic beauty standards and instead open the door to nurturing and loving your body.
- Becomes friends with your body and you will start to accept yourself and look at yourself without judgement.
- Give yourself a positive affirmation daily to challenge your negative thoughts. This won’t happen overnight and maybe challenging but you will thank yourself for it in the future.
Always look at the bigger picture for yourself.
– Are you sleeping better?
– Are you fitting in your clothes better?
– Are you happy wearing a certain type of clothes regardless of the size?
– Are you feeling stronger?
– Are you feeling fitter?
– Are you having a better relationship with food?
– Do you have increased self-confidence?
– Do you feel happier about your body?
– Has your mental health (in one or multiple areas) improved?
Stacey says each question and possibly more questions would be different for everyone. “But if you are happy about something that has improved within yourself then you are moving forward towards changing yourself in a positive way.”
Stacey’s top motivation tips
- Remember why you want to change then just start making small changes. This will help you establish what works for you and your family.
- Remember it is not a race. Sometimes you have to be patient and stay consistent for some of the changes and goals you have within yourself to happen.
- It’s ok to make yourself a priority. It is not selfish.
- Not every day will be perfect or go according to plan. So make sure you love yourself every day especially on those hard days.
- Remember YOU are amazing. YOU are good enough and YOU are worth it.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
The no.1 mums only health, fitness & weight loss program
It is like a PT, Coach, Nutritionist & Chef – ALL IN YOUR POCKET – with EASY to follow food & fitness plans
You get unrestricted access to :
● Nutritionist & chef designed weekly meal plans
● Personal Trainer crafted At-home workouts- 28 minutes and under
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 4,000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● REAL TIME support from The Healthy Mummy Team and OVER 200,000 other mums