5 Immunity boosting soup recipes
Soups are a great comfort food in the cooler weather or when you are feeling unwell, plus the added bonus is they are budget friendly too. If you want even more immune boosting recipes – join our 28 Day Challenge here.
Soups are also a great way to load up on immunity boosting ingredients such as garlic, ginger, tomatoes, red capsicums, turmeric and chicken. These ingredients contain many immunity boosting properties and the right vitamins and minerals to help when you’re unwell or to fight off those nasty bugs going around.
5 Immunity boosting soup recipes
1. Immunity Boosting Chicken Soup
A simple chicken soup like this one from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is ideal to boost your immunity. It contains garlic and ginger which are both known to help the body fight infections plus loads of hydrating stock to keep you feeling your best. Another delicious Chinese noodle soup recipe!
2. Beef Pho noodle soup
Beef Pho is a traditional Vietnamese soup dish, made from an aromatic broth, fresh herbs, noodles, vegetables and of course beef. Full of antioxidant properties too.
3. Minestrone soup
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Autumn Minestrone Soup features plenty of fresh veggies, is packed full of flavour, and is low in free sugars too.
4. Pumpkin soup
Pumpkin soup is often a family favourite and teaming it with infection fighting garlic and anti-inflammatory turmeric bread will make it a great option to serve everyone when you want to boost immunity.
5. Creamy Super Greens Soup
Leafy green vegetables like those found in this delicious soup have more nutrition per calorie than any other food. They are loaded with vitamins including A, C, E and B, are rich in fibre and minerals and are therefore vital in keeping your immunity at its best.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Ingredients (Makes 1 serve)
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 20 grams of lean smoked ham
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove diced garlic
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves
- 40 grams of Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups liquid vegetable stock, salt reduced
- 60 grams of tinned cannellini beans
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt
- 1 slice wholegrain or gluten-free bread of choice
- Cut broccoli into florets. Slice ham.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Add sliced ham and brown. Then add broccoli, Brussels sprouts and kale. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté vegetables for 2 minutes to colour
and soften slightly.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer for 8-10 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add some more stock if liquid reduces
- Add drained beans and using a stick blender or bench top blender, blitz until smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan and heat through.
- Toast bread.
- Serve soup with a dollop of yoghurt and slice of toast.
This recipe contains 283 calories per serve. For more soup recipes try this delicious Chicken noodle soup recipe!
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for more Immunity Boosting recipes!
Get instant access to our Healthy Mummy app which includes over 6,000 recipes, 600 workout videos, daily support and the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
● Nutritionist designed weekly meal plans
● Personal Trainer crafted at-home workouts
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 6,000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● We WILL help you SMASH your goals and give you MORE energy and body confidence
The only program made for Busy Mums!