Don’t know what to do with your day today? Fear not, we’re here to help you!
Many of you may be stuck on something to make to eat, unsure of what workout to do and also trying to find a way to keep your little ones entertained.
Thankfully, we’ve put together an itinerary that should keep you and your kids busy and healthy. You can also get your kids involved in the cooking and the workout.
RECIPE OF THE DAY
WORKOUT OF THE DAY
Check out ours high intensity HIIT Workout from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge . In fact, you could burn 676 calories in just 6 rounds. How awesome is that?!
On the Healthy Mummy plans, we focus on HIIT (High intensity interval training) as more and more research is showing it to be the best ways to lose fat.
The short amount of time required to perform each workout is also PERFECT for busy mums. HIIT is often described as a workout that is made up of intense bursts of effort (60 seconds) and short periods of recovery or reduced activity (30 – 60 seconds).
ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
How a pendulum works
A pendulum operates by converting energy back and forth due to the force of gravity. You can see the forces of motion and gravity in motion by making this pendulum experiment with your kids.
You can use either sand or paint – we suggest sand, as paint may get messy! And you can do this experiment in your backyard or on a balcony.
All you need is a cup with a hole in the bottom, to stings attached to either side of the cup, a chair with arm rests to tie the cup to or hold next to in the same position and a piece of black paper underneath.
- Set up the chair with the black paper underneath it.
- Put sand in the cup but make sure you put your finger over the hole so it doesn’t spill out.
- Tie the cup to the chair or hold it in the same place against the armrest
- Let go of the cup and let gravity take its course
What you will see is that the pendulum with swing side to side and the sand will drain out but it will make a pattern on the black sheet of paper. The important thing is to not touch your pendulum!
The sand cup will swing to make a circle shape and if you wait long enough the circle will become smaller and smaller as the pendulum slows down and eventually fills in the circle.
And there you have it, a lesson in how gravity and pendulums work!
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has everything you need to stay fit and healthy! Join today!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an affordable, customisable weight loss program PROVEN to help mums reach their weight loss goals.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!