Mum who suffers from PCOS has lost 14kg and nearly 70cm in just 7 months!
Karrina Oliver suffers from PCOS and also had gestational diabetes twice with her last two pregnancies.
But the mum-of-five managed to lose 14kg and 66.5cm in just seven months by following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Now, this gorgeous mum’s new goal is to lose another 10kg by the end of the year.
It all began for Karrina in September 2020, while she was on holiday. That’s the moment she knew she wanted to make a huge lifestyle overhaul.
“We went on holiday and my husband took a photo of me, I couldn’t believe how much weight I had put on,” she says.
“So, when we can back I brought some Healthy Mummy smoothies and started my health journey. I got my energy back then joined up with The Healthy Mummy app just after Christmas.
When it comes to her PCOS, Karrina says her symptoms have eased.
What a typical day looks like for Karrina
“The wholemeal choc chip muffins are a family favourite. As is the mac and cheese, Mexican lasagne (pictured), apricot chicken and baked moussaka,” says Karrina.
“I’m doing the Belly and Booty Busting Challenge on The Healthy Mummy app. Wendy is fantastic, I’m so much stronger now then when I first started and I’m able to do all the exercises now.
“I do 50 squats every day and plank for one minute. I do the Challenge exercises six days a week and I have the resistance bands that I’ve started using 3 days a week.”
Karrina’s top tips
- Drink three litres of water a day
- Try to do over 10,000 steps
- I have dinner by 5:30pm and don’t eat again until 7:30/8:00 the next morning.
- Keep it simple, the meal plans can be confusing when you first start
- Prep the same two snacks for the week, something you can freeze or simple snacks like Veggies and dip or fruit and nuts or peanut butter.
Join us on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.