If your baby has flame-coloured hair then you’re going to find people will always stop you to comment on their stunning, thick auburn locks.
In fact, you’ll never get tired of the extra attention and neither will your little one.
If you’re a proud parent to a gorgeous ginger bubba then here are 7 things you’ll know to be true if you are raising a redhead…
7 interesting things to know if you are raising a redhead
1. You’ll be stopped and your little one’s gorgeous rouge mane will be complimented constantly
People will stop to coo over your baby and his or her auburn coloured tresses, which are always to be admired.
2. Your bag will always contain 50 factor sun lotion, whatever the weather
With luscious red locks usually always comes pearly white skin, so it’s not just sunscreen but hats and umbrellas need to be packed as well.
3. You’ll always be asked: Where did the ginger gene come from? (Especially if you don’t have red hair)
“Is it a throwback?” “Does your husband have red hair?” Strangers need to know for some reason… “Did you have an Irish granny?!”
4. No one will refer to your baby’s hair as ginger for some reason
It will more often than not be referred to as strawberry blond. Either way, it’s just luscious.
5. You’ll be told over and over again how rare it is to have a redheaded baby and how ‘the gene is dying out’
Did you know that only 2% of the world’s population has the ginger gene and many experts fear it could be dying out due to climate change. However, that is debatable. Both parents must be carriers of the mutated MC1R gene for their baby to have a chance of having auburn tresses.
6. Everyone will comment on how thick your baby’s hair is
Red hair is generally thicker than other shades, on average those with flame-coloured locks have 90,000 strands. Blondes have 110,000 and brunettes have 140,000.
7. You’ll be asked if your tot is left-handed
It’s common for those with the gene for red hair to also be left-handed.
Do you have a redheaded baby? Did we leave anything else off the list?
Have you tried our Healthy Kids Smoothies?!
The Healthy Kids Smoothies (available in chocolate and banana flavour) have been specially made as a healthy snack for kids. They’re ideal if you have fussy eaters or want to ensure your children have a nutritious and healthy smoothie snack. It also has a 4.5 Health Star Rating when made with skim milk. It contains NO added sugars.
The sugar content in The Healthy Kids Smoothie is from NATURAL sugars from the lactose in the milk and is FREE from added sugars. WHO recommend aiming for 5% added sugars in the diet and this product provides NO added sugar.
- The Healthy Mummy Kids Smoothie is rich in carbohydrates and protein and is a natural energy packed smoothie made for kids.
- It contains 16 essential vitamins and minerals and when combined with milk, provides children with 50% of their Calcium RDI.
- It also contains probiotics needed for healthy guts.
What do you need to know about The Healthy Kids Smoothie
- It is a nutritious snack made for kids
- It contains probiotics
- It contains 16 vitamins and minerals
- It contains NO artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours, preservatives or MSG in the product
- It is rich in protein
- It contains NO added sugar
- It contains 16 vitamins and minerals – when combined with milk
The product contains dairy (the base of the smoothie) and a small amount of soy (within d-alpha-tocopheryl).
The product does not contain any ingredients derived from gluten, fish, eggs, nuts or sulphites. However the factory in which the product is made does store and manufacture these products but they are not produced on the same line.