Almond And Quinoa Cookies Just 90 Calories Each
When you really fancy a cookie with your afternoon cuppa, it’s great to have some healthy options in the house.
Instead of a packaged biscuit, which tends to have far more sugar and calories than is ideal, these cookies are a much better choice.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge we offer loads of options for healthy baking for your afternoon tea (or for the lunchbox). Think sweet potato bread, choc chip muffins, or healthy chia lemon biscuits.
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Quickly blitz almonds and pepitas to slightly break them down into smaller chunks.
- Add almonds, pepitas, oats, quinoa and cinnamon into a bowl and set aside.
- Beat egg white, honey and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Add both mixtures and water together and mix until well combined.
- Set mixture aside for 20 minutes.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture onto tray and form into cookie shapes.
- Place in oven and cook for 12 minutes or until golden
- Allow to completely cool on a wire rack then enjoy. Keep stored in an airtight container.
90 calories per serve
Get over 3,000 recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges run. It is like having a chef, personal trainer and motivator in your pocket-and everything is budget friendly
Take part in our Challenges HERE.