Australian Cafe Style Pumpkin & Ricotta Rolls. Just $1.14 per serve & 5 Main Ingredients!
Cafe culture is such a big part of the Australian Lifestyle. Whether you’re catching up with friends or grabbing on the go, we all love a good cafe coffee & pastry.
And for good reason! Cafe pastries are SO delicious, but… they are usually full of empty calories, and at $5-7 a pop, the cost can really start to add up.
It got us thinking, and we wanted to create a HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE that you can make at home. Not only that, we wanted it to be BUDGET FRIENDLY, so we made sure it was just $1.14 per serve. What’s even better is you only need 5 MAIN INGREDIENTS plus seasonings to whip this up! And what better pastry than a hearty Pumpkin & Ricotta filling!
Introducing: Healthy Mummy Australian Cafe-Style Pumpkin & Ricotta Rolls…
We want everyone to be able to have delicious cafe-style pastries at home, so we’re sharing this recipe straight from the 28 Day Challenge. Here’s how to make delicious, golden-brown Pumpkin & Ricotta rolls (or triangles, or circles or whatever shape you want!)
PRO TIP: Make in larger portions and freeze leftover rolls to have quick and healthy meals on hand for the weeks ahead. To reheat, pop into the oven to reheat and crisp the wrap before serving, or microwave for a fast “heat & eat” option.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 cups pumpkin, cooked & cooled (240 grams)
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese (250 grams)
- 1 free-range egg (50 grams)
- 1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs (30 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (6 grams)
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs (4 grams)
- 1 pinch salt
- Pepper to taste
- 4 wholemeal Mountain Bread wrap (100 grams)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (16 grams)
- 1 tsp black or white sesame seeds (4 grams)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, ricotta, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, Italian herbs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Lay the mountain bread wraps on a flat, clean surface and fill each mountain bread with even amounts of the pumpkin mixture along one side of the wrap. Loosely roll up the wrap (the mixture expands slightly when cooking) and place fold side down onto the baking tray.
- Continue this process with remaining ingredients.
- Brush each roll with the melted butter, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of garden salad or steamed vegetables. One roll is one serve.
Only 248 calories. Just $1.14 / serve.
Find some more cafe-style favourites
If you love these cafe-style Pumpkin & Ricotta Rolls, you’ll love some more of our make-at-home and healthy cafe-style meals:
And if you decide not to make Pumpkin & Ricotta Rolls at home one day here’s Five Tips To Make Healthy Choices When Eating At A Cafe
Want more recipes like this? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is the mum’s only 5-star rated app with over 1.6k reviews in 8 weeks!!
You get unrestricted access to :
- Nutritionist & chef-designed weekly meal plans
- Over 500 different Personal Trainer crafted at-home workouts
- Daily Motivation from My Coach
- Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
- More than 6000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
- REAL-TIME support from The Healthy Mummy Team and OVER 300,000 other mums