Balsamic Caramelised Red Onion And Feta Tart
This delicious tart is ideal for a healthy lunch or light dinner served with a fresh salad.
It’s a great recipe to serve friends when they come for dinner, or enjoy with the whole family for a simple midweek meal.
Feel free to adapt the toppings to suit your tastes and what you have on hand.
This recipe comes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 1 sheet reduced-fat puff pastry
- 3.5 red onions
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 4 cups rocket lettuce
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Lightly defrost the puff pastry on the bench.
- Finely slice the onions and place in a fry pan with the oil, a pinch of salt, honey and water over a low heat. Sauté for 20 – 25 minutes until the onions are very tender and caramelised.
- Slice the puff pastry so that there is 1/4 of a sheet per serve and place on a lined baking tray.
- Top each piece of pastry with the caramelised onion, leaving a small space around the edges. Slice the tomato and add on top of the onion together with crumbled feta.
- Place the tarts in the oven for 15 minutes until the pastry is golden and tomato is roasted.
- Place the rocket leaves on the serving plates and top each with a tart. Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar before serving.
289 calories per serve
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.