Budget Friendly Beef Stew
Feeding your family delicious and nutritious meals can be tough on a budget. This Budget-Friendly Beef Stew Recipe is a favourite recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. It makes 4 serves at only $3.95 per serve.
AND you can lose weight making this food like Hannah has done below.
It’s a great budget friendly dinner to make for the whole family – or freeze leftovers for another meal.
If you’re looking for easy, low-budget, healthy meals like this, you’ll love our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
You’ll have access to 4,000 recipes, 28 days of customisable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans each month as well as daily mum-friendly exercise plans. Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 3 million kilos between them! Prices start from less than a dollar a day. Learn More Now
- 320 grams stewing steak e.g. lean chuck steak
- 1 tbsp plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 chopped brown onion
- 2 cups liquid beef stock salt reduced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 4 diced carrots
- 4 cubed potatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cube the meat and place in a large bowl, season with pepper. Add the flour and toss the meat until it is coated. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan or casserole dish with a lid, over a medium heat. Add beef and any flour from the bottom of the bowl and brown for 2-3 minutes. Add onion, garlic and carrot and cook for one minute more.
- Add the stock, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce and dried herbs to the pot. Stir to combine and scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add potato, bring to the boil, then cover and reduce heat to very low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 1 and ½ hours until the meat is very tender.
- Divide between 4 bowls and garnish with parsley to serve. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days in an airtight container or freeze to defrost for another meal.
Recipe serves 4 at 356 calories per serve
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Join the thousands of mums on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge tackling and ACHIEVING their weight loss goals.
Whether you have 5 kilograms to lose or 35 kilograms to lose – The Healthy Mummy is here to SUPPORT YOU and your PERSONAL WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.