54 calorie coconut and toasted rice bites
Here’s a nut free snack that is both crunchy and delicious. At just 54 calories each you can enjoy a couple for a healthy afternoon tea.
They’re also perfect for the lunchbox too (if you’re willing to share, that is).
We love using puffed rice in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipes.
Join thousands of other mums on the next challenge and you’ll have access to recipes like our Peanut Bubble Crunch, Choc Cranberry Rice Slice and Chocolate Tahini Bars.
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 15 grams dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine rice malt syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil while stirring, then remove from the heat.
- Add the puffed rice and coconut to a mixing bowl and then pour the heated mixture on top, combine well.
- Press mixture FIRMLY into mini silicone moulds, patty cases or a small tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Using your preferred method, melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top of the bites.
- Allow chocolate to cool and set, then store in an airtight container in the freezer; or in the pantry in a brown paper bag. This will ensure they stay crunchy.
54 calories per serve.
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.