Crunchy Oat Squares Just 24 Cents Per Serve
Here is a great recipe for a healthy snack that tastes a bit like a muesli bar.
Kids will love this for afternoon tea after school too, so why not make a double batch?
This recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is very BUDGET FRIENDLY, coming in at just 24 CENTS per serve. That makes it a LOT cheaper than buying commercial biscuits or bars.
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place oats in a food processor on high until finely ground.
- Add flour, honey, peanut butter, water, baking powder, and salt.
- Process until well combined.
- Prepare a medium square baking tray with baking paper and spray with cooking oil.
- Press oat mixture firmly into the prepared baking pan. Slice into 12 squares, approximately 2cm x 2cm.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden.
- Turn off oven; let oat squares dry in oven with door closed for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove squares from pan; break apart. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe makes 12 squares. 2 squares is 1 serve.
177 calories per serve.
PLEASE NOTE: Costs per serve will vary depending on supermarket, brand and type of ingredient purchased. Making recipes in bulk will also reduce total costs for preparation.
Find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge or sign up by clicking HERE.