Grilled chicken and pineapple salad just 290 calories
Nothing beats a flavour packed salad for a healthy lunch or light dinner. If you’re a fan of the sweet pineapple that’s in season at present, give this Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Salad a try!
This recipe comes from 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie.
Cassie says, ‘At only 290 calories this salad will leave you completely satisfied. The sweetness of pineapple and the tang of balsamic vinegar balance perfectly together.’
If you’re after more pineapple-themed recipes, look no further than the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
As a member, you’ll have access to recipes such as Pineapple Mint Jelly, Pork with Pineapple Salsa, or Mango and Pineapple Chia Pudding.
- 1/2 fresh pineapple cubed
- 500 grams chicken breast cubed
- 200 grams snow peas sliced
- 1 red capsicum cubed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place cubed pineapple and capsicum on a lined baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Toss the cubed chicken in smoked paprika.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large fry pan.
- Place cubed chicken in pan and sauté until cooked through.
- Allow chicken, capsicum & pineapple to cool slightly.
- Toss spinach, cucumber and snow peas in balsamic vinegar and portion into 4 serves. Top each with chicken, capsicum and pineapple.
- If preparing ahead, keep raw salad ingredients separate to the cooked ingredients in air tight containers.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
290 calories per serve
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.