High fibre choc orange nut bites
Chocolate and orange is a magic combination of flavours that’s so delicious. This healthy slice is packed with dates, nuts and coconut so it tastes great as well as being high in fibre.
This recipe makes a massive TWENTY serves so it’s a good one to make ahead for the whole family (or freeze some to enjoy later).
Love the combination of chocolate and orange? As a member of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you’ll have access to recipes such as Choc Orange Fudge, Easy Choc Orange Mousse and even Choc Orange Overnight Oats.
- 1/2 cup fresh medjool dates pitted and sliced
- 1.5 cups almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- For the base, blend the dates and almonds together in a food processor until you have a fine to coarse consistency. Line a rectangular dish (approximately 18cm x 14cm) with cling wrap. Pour in base mixture and flatten, spreading it out to the sides to get an even base.
- Blend the pecans, vanilla extract, cacao/cocoa powder, tahini and honey until well combined. Stir through the orange zest.
- Evenly spread this mixture over the base and then sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- Place into the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour to set and then slice into 20 pieces.
- One piece is one serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
145 calories per serve
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.