Five Ingredient Honey And Coconut Muesli Bars
Here’s a snack that’s perfect for busy mums, while also doubling as a lunchbox friendly morning tea for the kids.
Packed with the goodness of oats, coconut and pepitas, this nut-free muesli bar will keep you satisfied until lunchtime.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we recommend three main meals and 2-3 snacks per day depending on your calorie requirements.
Each month our weight loss challenges are themed, targeting things like budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more. You can find out the theme of next month’s challenge HERE.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup honey or rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line 20cm x 20cm tray (or similar) with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in frying pan on stove top over medium heat.
- Add oats, coconut and pepitas to pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously to prevent burning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat honey and vanilla on stove top or in microwave until mixture boils then remove from heat and pour over oat mixture.
- Working quickly, mix until well combined.
- Press mixture firmly into pan then place in fridge or freezer to set.
- Cut into 12 bars then enjoy.
- Keep stored in fridge or freezer.
127 calories each