69 calorie parmesan rice patties
If you fancy a savoury snack, these 69 calorie cheesy patties are a great option. You could also serve three with a salad for a light lunch.
When you’ve got leftover rice from dinner, use it the next day to make this healthy snack.
Customise to your heart’s content by adding some corn, chopped ham, leftover roast chicken or even some chickpeas for extra fibre.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you’ll have access to thousands of healthy snack and meal recipes like this. Enjoy savoury snacks like Chicken Rice Paper Rolls, Cheese and Olive Pinwheels, or Walnut Lettuce Bites.
- 1 cup cooked rice or use 1/3 cup uncooked rice
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese shaved
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Fresh lemon wedges to serve optional
- If using uncooked rice, cook according to packet directions then drain well.
- Combine rice, egg, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add spoonfuls of mixture to the pan.
- Cook on each side until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper then serve with fresh lemon (optional).
- Store cooked patties in the fridge to enjoy hot or cold the next day.
69 calories each
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for over 4,500 DELICIOUS recipes!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out more about this month’s challenge HERE.