Power Protein: Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
These super easy and yummy Peanut Butter Fudge Bars are low calorie but high in protein and fibre to help keep you fuller for longer! So they’re a perfect treat for you to enjoy on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
These bars are very versatile and you can swap out the chocolate chips for sultanas, currents or whole nuts making them refined sugar free. You can make these bars into 12 full bars or cut them into 36 bites making them perfect for the kids to enjoy too.
|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||2 mins|
|Passive Time||120 mins|
- 3 tbsp Vanilla Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark choc chips
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Line tin with baking paper and set aside
- Heat the honey in a small saucepan until boiling
- Boil for 2 minutes, then take off the heat and stir in the peanut butter and set aside to cool while you prepare the other ingredients
- Next process the Healthy Mummy smoothie mix, oats and sunflower seeds
- If you like a smoother bar process until the seeds are fine, if you like your bars with some texture process until roughly chopped
- Once peanut butter and honey are cooled slightly add to the dry mix, add dark choc chips and stir well to combine
- Add to lined tin and press down to make the mix flat and even
- Let the bars cool in fridge for a few hours until it is firm and slice into even bars.
These bars will keep stored in the freezer for 3 months.
Each Bar is 173 calories per bar.
- You can use any flavour smoothie for this or even our protein powder
- Make it ‘Nut Free’ by substituing the Peanut Butter for Tahini
- You don’t have to blend up the dry ingredients if you want crunchier bars
- If your peanut butter is quite solid, turn the heat down really low when you mix the honey into the peanut butter
- When the honey is allowed to bubble up and reach its boiling point, that’s when the fudge is created so let this happen!
- These Peanut Bars can be stored in the freezer
Watch how to make them here!
See why mums rave about this recipe here!
Get recipes just like this on our 28 Day Challenge
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge gives you a meal plan, exercise routine and tips and advice to help you be the best version of yourself.
Do you find yourself victim to emotional eating? Take the stress out of putting so much emphasis on food and diet and try our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge which has been described by 100,000’s of mums as a lifestyle change!
With a weekly meal plan consisting of 3 main meals and 3 snacks – The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help you stick to a healthy food plan and hit your weight goals.
You can find out more or join the 28 Day Challenge HERE.
Mums share their amazing Healthy Mummy transformations!
Cicily Goodwin- 35Kgs Lost
Mum of two Cicily started her journey with The Healthy Mummy in July 2016. In the first few months, she lost 20kgs by using The Healthy Mummy Smoothies twice a day and making the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meals. She lost another 35kgs over the next year.
Cicily says “I started the year at 110kgs and got to 75kg!! The lifetime goal I’ve dreamed of my whole life! “
Cicily admits that her when she started her journey it was all about weight loss but after living a healthy lifestyle it became a lot more about happiness.
Zoe Terry – 41.7Kgs Lost
Zoe shares, “July 2019 – March 2020 – 41.1kgs gone and definitely not missed! I never thought I could do it. I never thought I would enjoy it. But Healthy Mummy has made it easy and fun!
I have found that 2 smoothies, 3 snacks and a healthy main meal paired with daily exercise is what’s worked for me!”
Melissa Timmer – 37kgs Lost
The Healthy Mummy which has helped her take back control and within 18 months, she had lost a whopping 37 kg and has been maintaining her weight for three years.
Even though Melissa’s weight fluctuates up and down a little she says “I couldn’t care less because this journey is about being happy and if you feel happy in your skin, no matter how much you weigh or what size you are, that’s all that matters. “We are all different and beautiful so don’t be stuck on what scales say all the time.”
Tarryn Eames – 30Kg Lost
- From 97KGS to 67KGS
- From a size 18/20 to a size 10/12
- From lethargic to energetic
- From miserable to genuinely happy
- From hating my body to appreciating it.
“At the beginning of my journey, all I wanted was to lose weight. I never aimed to gain anything. However, all I’ve gained means more to me than the kilos that are now gone and the cms that have disappeared too. Somewhere along the way, I gained the energy to be able to play with my children and the confidence needed to do that in a public setting.
I gained many beautiful and like-minded friends. I gained confidence. I gained strength both physically and mentally. I gained self-love. I gained knowledge about nutrition and exercise. But most importantly I gained happiness.”