Protein packed Thai chicken meatballs
If you love a 30 minute meal as much as we do, you’ll love these Thai Chicken Meatballs.
Sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie, this homemade meatball recipe is ‘packed full of flavour, and a quick meal that will become a family favourite!’
Cassie serves hers with a sweet potato mash and some steamed greens, but of course you can customise the side dishes to suit your own family’s tastes.
They also reheat well for a quick lunch the next day with leftover veggie or a big salad.
- 500 grams chicken mince
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 300 grams sweet potato cubed
- 200 grams green beans
- 200 grams broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Place mince, oyster sauce, soy, ginger, coriander, chilli, and quinoa flakes into food processor and blitz on high until combined.
- Roll into tablespoon size balls and roll each ball in sesame seeds, placing onto the baking tray. You should be able to make around 24 meatballs.
- Drizzle with the sesame oil and then cook for 5 minutes, turn over and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prepare your sides.
- Place sweet potato in pot of boiling water and cook until tender.
- Drain the sweet potato and mash with two tablespoons of hot water until smooth.
- Steam the beans and broccoli on the stovetop or in the microwave until tender.
- Serve five or six small meatballs per person along with the mash and greens.
440 calories per serve.
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.