Pumpkin Spice Latte Cheesecake for a healthy Halloween
When you feel like a latte and a slice of cheesecake but know they don’t fit in with your healthy eating plan, this is your answer!
A Halloween Pumpkin Spice Latte Cheesecake recipe can turn your Halloween from sugar-filled to deliciously healthy!
This recipe was sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Brooke Jones and we can’t thank her enough.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cheesecake
Make the day before for optimal taste. You can also freeze and bring it out whenever you have a post-Halloween craving!
- 1 1/2 cups plain wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 70 g melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250 g Pumpkin purée I used butternut
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp Brewed coffee can use decaf if you like
- pinch salt
- 150 g Lite thickened cream
- 340 g Lite cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- Caramel drizzle optional (adds 10 calories per serve)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened coconut/almond milk
- Mix all base ingredients together. Add water if needed to bind it together properly. Press down firmly in a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 180C for 15-20 mins until golden.
- Boil pumpkin in a pot until soft. Purée with a stick mixer.
- To the pumpkin mix add coffee, spices and rice malt syrup and mix with stick mixer.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer or food processor add the pumpkin mix. With the blades or whisk is going, add the cold cream.
- Add the cream cheese (cut into chunks) and process for about 30 seconds, scraping the sides if necessary, or until smoothly incorporated.
- Add the eggs and process for about 5 seconds or just until incorporated (do not overmix!).
- Set the cake pan in a large roasting pan. Pour the batter into the cooled base, and then pour enough boiling water into the large roasting pan to come about halfway up side of the cake pan.
- Bake until the cake is just set, about 1-1/2 hours. If it jiggles, it's not done. CAREFULLY remove the roasting pan from the oven and set on a wire rack. Use a paring knife to loosen the cake from the sides of the pan.
- Cool until the water is just warm, about 45 minutes. Remove the springform pan from the water bath, discard the foil and set on a wire rack.
- Continue to cool at room temperature until barely warm, about 3 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Should be made the day before you need it to allow to set properly.
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at-home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding-friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.