5 ingredient Healthier Tim Tams!
Yes, you read that title correctly – a HEALTHIER version of Tim Tams with just FIVE ingredients and only 130 calories! Boom!
Sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Melanie Hyland, these Australian favourites can be enjoyed by the whole family.
The crunch of the inner biscuit. The crackle of the hard chocolate coating. The soft gooey core. Everything that you know and love about Tim Tams!
Melanie says her homemade version ‘is a lot lower in sugar, made from healthier substitutions, and can even be made vegan (by choosing vegan-friendly chocolate like Sweet William or Lindt 70% excellence).’
Make these ‘Tim Tams’ to suit your own tastes, with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate – but remember these are a treat so be sure to have people to share them with. They’re THAT good!
We don’t expect you to live without chocolate on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Join today to access chocolate-based recipes such as Healthier Tim Tams, Chocolate Mousse Cups, Chocolate Mint Bark, or Chocolate Coconut Truffles – and all of these have five or less ingredients! Winning!
|Prep Time||100 minutes|
|Cook Time||0 minutes|
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate 70% cocoa
- 2 tsp tahini
- 3 tsp chilled coconut cream
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 16 Biscoff biscuit available from major supermarkets
- Chill coconut cream by either putting in the freezer for 20 minutes, or in the fridge for 8 hours.
- Melt 20g dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, add the tahini and mix well.
- Once slightly cooled to room temperature, add the chilled coconut cream solids (2 teaspons). It will look like the chocolate has split at first, however add the maple syrup and coconut cream liquid, and stir well to smooth the mixture back out. The mixture should become quite thick like chocolate icing.
- To each Biscoff biscuit half, add 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture, and top with the other half of the pair. Chill for approximately 1 hour, or until the chocolate centre is completely firm.
- Melt remainder of dark chocolate, and dip the biscuits in to coat entirely. Return to the fridge until chocolate is set, or until you are ready to serve. Makes 8 biscuits.
130 calories per serve
Want more recipes like these Healthier Tim Tams, with less than 5 main ingredients?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is the mum’s only 5-star rated app with over 1.6k reviews in 8 weeks!!
You get unrestricted access to :
- Nutritionist & chef-designed weekly meal plans
- Over 500 different Personal Trainer crafted at-home workouts
- Daily Motivation from My Coach
- Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
- More than 6000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
- REAL-TIME support from The Healthy Mummy Team and OVER 300,000 other mums