Dad-friendly Steak and Sweet Potato Chips
The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, as they say. What man doesn't love a delicious steak? This delicious, healthy take on steak and chips is great for the whole family
The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, as they say. What man doesn’t love a delicious steak? This delicious, healthy take on steak and chips is great for the whole family.
Steak and chips is one of the tastiest meals you can ever prepare – but it doesn’t have to be unhealthy. Bake chips in the oven and dry-fry your steaks to really make things healthy. Serve this meal with a big green salad. A great way to increase your iron intake too.
- 2 lean fillet steaks
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Spinach leaves
- Cut the potatoes into long, thin chips. Put into a saucepan filled with cold water and then bring to the boil. Cook for five minutes, then drain.
- Sit the drainer on the sink for a few minutes to dry the chips and then drizzle with little olive oil, mixed herbs and a pinch of salt, pepper and paprika. Lay in a single layer on a baking tray and cook for 30-40 minutes in a 200C oven until golden and crisp on the outside.
- Meanwhile, season the steaks with salt and pepper. They should be at room temperature before you cook them.
- Cook the steaks in a hot frying pan for 3-4 minutes on either side, or less, depending on how you like your steak cooked.
- Serve with a spinach and tomato salad – excellent for you and your man's health!
This recipe serves two. Calories per serve – 475
For the sweet potato chips recipe, click here.
To read tips on the perfect way to cook a steak from celebrity chef Alex Kearns, read here.
For more husband-friendly meals, click here.