Sticky Date Super Bites
The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges have thousands of recipes for you to choose from, including desserts – because we like to enjoy a sweet treat too.
Sticky Date might be one of those traditional desserts you would tend to avoid while following your healthy eating plan. But thanks to Shelley Robb who sent us this fabulous recipe, you can still enjoy those familiar flavours without all of the butter and sugar.
- 2 Weet Bix biscuits
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup coconut desiccated or shredded
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Soak dates in boiling water for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Blitz Weet Bix and set aside
- Blitz dates until broken down and sticky.
- Add Weet Bix to dates and all remaining ingredients and blitz until well combined
- Roll 12 balls in your hand and press into 12 mini silicone moulds, or place on a baking tray.
- Pop in the freezer until set and then serve.
- Keep stored in the freezer.
Recipe serves 12 at 110 calories each
Join thousands of mums on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and get exclusive access to thousands of family friendly recipes and customisable meal plans.