Prepare this Tasty Mexican Fried Rice in Just 3 Steps!
This 3-step Tasty Mexican Fried Rice is deliciously warm for winter and straight from the 28 Day Challenge. And the best part is, it can be prepped in just 5 minutes and ready to eat in 25!
After a COLD and BUSY winter’s day, chopping healthy veggies might not be the first thing on your wish list. So, we’ve created this TASY and WARMING Mexican Fried Rice recipe! Because it contains ready-to-cook veggies and beans, it’s SUPER QUICK and NUTRITIOUS. Yum! We think it’s sure to become a regular, family favourite meal this winter.
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- 3 1/8 Cups cups frozen mixed vegetables of choice (500 grams)
- 2 spring onions Finely sliced (30 grams)
- 2 Sachets sachets taco seasoning, salt reduced (70 grams)
- 400 Grams tinned kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 400 Grams tinned black beans, drained
- 1 Packet Microwave Basmati Cooked Rice (450 grams)
- 6 tbsp reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt (120 grams)
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat then add spring onions and frozen vegetables, mixing well to defrost.
- Add in taco seasoning, beans and rice and mix well.
- To serve, divide the mixture between 6 bowls, then top with a dollop of yoghurt.
This recipe makes 6 serves with 309 calories per serve.
LOVED THE MEXICAN FRIED RICE, but want more options? We think you’ll love these fried rice recipes, too:
If you love fried rice and want to try some other recipes that are just as tasty and healthy as the Mexican Fried Rice check out these:
- Super snack-able Kid-Friendly Healthy Fried Rice Fritters
- Mouth-watering Thai Vegetarian Fried Rice
- Want meat? Try our Pineapple and Chicken Fried Rice
Want to access thousands of healthy recipes like these?
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add heaps of NEW recipes to the Healthy Mummy App. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on track with your weight loss while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.