Veggie packed bolognese with chargrilled capsicum sauce
Bolognese is such a popular meal with families, and this one takes hidden veg to another level with SEVEN different veg in the one bowl.
If your kids aren’t keen on zucchini noodles, you could serve theirs with regular pasta instead. This recipe comes from 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie Wight.
Cassie says ‘As a 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member I love the variety of healthy takes on old favourites. This is a perfect low carb option for a family dinner, or a quick 30 minute meal to whip up for your Sunday meal prep for your lunches for the week.’
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today to access more hidden veggie recipes like Hidden Veggie Sausage Rolls which have been given the thumbs up by adults and kids alike.
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1/2 bunch basil chopped
- 500 grams extra lean beef mince
- 400 grams diced tomatoes tinned
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 red capsicums diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 zucchinis spiralised to create zucchini noodles (or use a vegetable peeler to make thin strips)
- Heat olive oil in large fry pan.
- Add capsicum and sauté until charred.
- Add mince, garlic, paprika and basil and cook on high until mince is browned.
- Add grated carrot, tinned tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and mix through until wilted.
- Serve on top of raw zucchini spirals.
260 calories per serve
You should also check out these 11 ways to jazz up your spaghetti bolognese.
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.