There are many alternatives to unhealthy, expensive take-away food, all you need are the recipes!
Many recipes are easy to prepare and will make a take-away night at your house a lot easier on the wallet, and the health of you and your child.
Set the scene for your night in. Here are a few tips for making the night fun!
- Remember the condiments: Tomato sauce, mayonnaise.
- Give the fancy linen a miss: To keep the night fun, forget the fancy linen and opt for fun paper serviettes.
- Plan ahead: You can give your child their own special plate or their favourite crockery and cutlery.
- Get the kids involved: There is nothing better than getting the kids involved in the preparation of their food. This way they can see how food is made and what goes into it and appreciate it even more.
Take-away recipe alternatives
Chicken nuggets and chips
Chicken nuggets are simple to create at home and very few can resist a nuggets and chips feast with this delicious recipe. Crunchy chips are the perfect side dish and can very easily be made up at home.
For a healthy spin on the classic potato chip, try this delicious sweet potato recipe.
No matter what your pizza preference is, the best way to enjoy this classic meal is by making your own, with the help of your children. You can make the base yourself, or buy a pre-made base. Either way, this meal is bound to be a winner!
Have fun making up your own pizza from your favourite toppings. Your kids can also pick and choose what they like. A good idea is to place each ingredient in a different bowl for your child to dip into and sprinkle onto their base.
Burgers are always a win with children. This go-to hamburger recipe is as easy to make as it is delicious! By making these burgers yourself, you know exactly what’s in them and you can omit the unhealthy bits. You can try making a double batch to in the freezer, ready to fry up whenever you’re in the mood for a delicious and healthy burger.
Nachos are always a win with most children. This nachos recipe is sure to tempt even the fussiest of eaters. The base of the nachos is corn chips, so when purchasing your chips, read the nutrition label to make sure you are purchasing the healthiest version with the least amount of sugar and salt.
Are you ready to be a Healthy Mummy? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today.
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!