Rich And Indulgent 64 Calorie Double Chocolate Bliss Balls
If you enjoy a delicious chocolate hit from time to time, be sure to pop these rich and indulgent double chocolate bliss Balls on your ‘to make’ list. With only 64 calories per bliss ball, they’re the perfect sweet treat to enjoy that won’t compromise your healthy eating or weight loss goals.
If you love healthy sweet treats like this, our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is jam packed with recipes you’ll enjoy. Find out more and sign up here.
- 2 cups dates pitted
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Healthy Mummy Chocolate Smoothie Mix
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes
- Add almonds to the bowl of a food processor and process until the consistency of a chunky almond meal.
- Drain dates and add to food processor with the cacao/cocoa and Healthy Mummy chocolate smoothie mix and process until combined.
- Scoop up teaspoon sized amounts of batter and roll into 40 small balls.
- If using dark chocolate to coat, melt and allow to cool slightly before dipping each ball into liquid chocolate.
- If using cacao/cocoa, gently roll each ball in powder.
- Place in the fridge to set.
Recipe makes 40 small balls with 64 calories per serve.
These double chocolate bliss balls are completely adaptable and can be made to suit your tastes and favourite flavours. You could try adding some flavoured extract like peppermint, for an ‘after dinner mint’ chocolate; add your favourite fruit and/or nuts for a tasty and crunchy experience; or roll in cacao or shredded coconut instead of dark chocolate for an extra indulgent treat.
Want more sweet treats and baking recipes like this? Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is packed with delicious ideas that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle.