Warming freekeh, cinnamon & apple porridge
Spring may be here but the morning can still be quite chilly.
Make up a batch of this high protein and high fibre Freekeh, Cinnamon & Apple Porridge to warm up. It will give you lots of energy to power through your morning on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Thank you to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie for sending us this recipe. Cassie says, ‘This can be prepared in advance for a quick breakfast before dashing out the door.’
Get your hands on freekeh from the health food shop. It’s got a lovely nutty flavour and the protein and fibre will keep you feeling full.
If you love porridge you’ll love the porridge recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge or check out some of our free porridge recipes. There are more than 90 of them, including Bounty Quinoa Porridge, Rhubarb and Strawberry Chia Jam Porridge, or Golden Milk Porridge with Banana and Pecans.
- 1 cup dried cracked freekeh
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 apples peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 250 ml milk of choice
- Cook freekeh as per packet instructions with 1 tsp of cinnamon added to water.
- In a microwave safe container, cook the sliced apples on high for 2 minutes.
- Place sliced apples, coconut oil and the rest of the cinnamon into a frypan to simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Portion out cooked freekeh into bowls (1/2 cup per serve).
- If eating immediately add 1/4 cup of warm milk to each serve, or store remaining freekeh in an air-tight container in refrigerator and add milk when ready to heat and eat.
- To serve top with apple and 1 tsp chia seeds per serve.
300 calories per serve
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.