Healthy Hawaiian Enchiladas
Enjoy this classic flavour combination in an easy-to-make enchilada wrap. These enchiladas can be prepared ahead of time, stored in the fridge, ready to be popped into the oven, or made on your meal prep days for quick and easy meals for the week ahead.
Warm, gooey and full of fibre and protein, you’ll feel full and satisfied without the excess calories and carbs. PLUS, all that protein makes it a great post-exercise meal. At only $2.49 per serving, it’s good for your belly and for your budget.
This recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge! Join TODAY to access more healthy Mexican meals such as Mexican Lasagne, Mexican Rice Bake and more.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- Cooking oil for spraying
- 500 grams lean chicken mince
- 4 rashers bacon, lean & trimmed, diced (100 grams)
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs (2 grams)
- 8 pineapple ring, fresh or tinned, drained & diced (432 grams)
- 2 cups tomato passata (500 mls)
- 1 & 2/3 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated (200 grams)
- 8 wholemeal mountain bread wrap (200 grams)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Add chicken mince and bacon to the pan, breaking the chicken mince up as it cooks through.
- Add Italian herbs, pineapple and 1 and 1⁄2 cups of passata to the pan and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat off and allow the mixture to thicken and cool slightly.
- Scoop even portions of the enchilada mixture onto the mountain bread wraps, roll and place fold side down into the baking dish.
- Top enchiladas with remaining passata and spread evenly across the wraps, sprinkle with cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and golden.
- One enchilada is one serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Do you want to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.