Healthy hedgehog slice
A healthy twist on the traditional Hedgehog Slice Recipe.
This slice is moist, indulgent, and stuffed full of healthy goodness. The only sweetener is natural honey (no nasty added sugar here). With nuts and dates galore and only 134 calories per serve – this recipe will satisfy any chocolate craving without wrecking weight loss goals.
Enjoy This healthy version of the healthy mummy Hedgehog Slice Recipe and try to share 🙂
|Prep Time||25 mins|
|Cook Time||0 mins|
|Passive Time||10 mins|
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried dates Soaked in hot water and drained
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 100 grams dark chocolate buttons
- 1 tblsp coconut oil
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper. serves 16 150 calories per serve
- In a food processor blend walnuts, soaked dates, honey, cocoa and coconut.
- Transfer mix to bowl and mix through puffed rice. Press mix into tin.
- Set aside whilst you make the topping.
- Melt chocolate buttons and coconut oil together in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Stir until combined, then pour over base.
- Move tin from side to side so that the topping evenly covers the base.
- Tap tin on bench, then put into freezer for ten minutes.
- Cut slice into 16 bars.
- Keep in fridge or freezer in an air tight container.
150 Calories per serve
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
Are You Ready To Become A Healthy Mummy?
You’ll have access to 4,500 recipes, 28 days of customisable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans each month, as well as daily mum-friendly exercise plans. Start your healthy lifestyle now take action for your dream weight and we will join you to your journey.
Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 2 million kilos between them!