Here’s a great recipe to use up the mountains of Christmas ham that you will most likely have left over on Boxing Day: Leftover Christmas Ham Pizza!
Re-purposing your leftovers is not only a great way to save a few dollars after the festive season madness, it also allows you to get creative in the kitchen and come up with some delicious and nutritious new recipes, ideal if you’re part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Pizza is a great way to use up leftovers – it’s almost like a blank canvas that you can use to create some amazing flavours. Just whip up a batch of our two ingredient healthy pizza dough for an easy, budget-friendly and most importantly, healthy meal in a flash, and lets face it who wants to cook on Boxing Day??
You can also customise your pizza based on what you have in the fridge. Why not try:
- Adding some black olives and reduced fat feta cheese
- Adding small chunks of leftover roast veggies like sweet potato and zucchini
- Serving with any leftover salads
- Dolloping on some pesto
- Adding some chunks of juicy pineapple for a Hawaiian flavour
- Switching out the ham for leftover chicken, turkey or lamb
- Adding some halved cherry tomatoes
- Topping with fresh herbs from the garden
For more delicious recipes, check out the Healthy Mummy Christmas Cookbook. It’s packed with over 15o festive favourites for a healthy and happy festive season.
Download your FREE sneak peek HERE.