356 Calorie Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
This sweet and sour chicken recipe is delicious and is sure to be a favourite with the whole family. Serve with some steamed veggies, rice or crisp salad.
Store leftovers in an airtight container to enjoy the next day. Or make plenty more than you need so that you can freeze and defrost on a busy night.
Thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, thousands of mums are enjoying recipes like this sweet and sour recipe, while they lose weight in a healthy way.
Find out more or join the next challenge HERE.
- 240 grams lean chicken mince
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup tomato passata
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Combine chicken mince and almond meal. Season with salt and pepper and roll into about 4-5 meatballs per serve.
- Heat a frypan over medium-high and add the coconut oil. Add meatballs and brown on all sides, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add passata, honey, vinegar, allspice and water to the pan and mix to combine.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Return meatballs to the pan and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring gently every now and then, until sauce has thickened and meatballs are cooked through.
- Divide baby spinach between bowls and top with meatballs, sauce and sesame seeds to serve.
356 calories per serve
Want more Healthy recipes like this sweet and sour chicken recipe? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
This recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is a yummy example of just SOME of the delicious, healthy and easy to make snacks and meals you can tuck in to.
With over 4,500 recipes to choose from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge helps you eat well (and deliciously) with ease and while losing weight Start your Healthy Mummy Journey Today.
You can learn more about our Challenge HERE.
Are You Ready To Become A Healthy Mummy?
If you’re looking for more best and easy, low-budget, healthy meals like this delicious recipe, you’ll love our Winter Weight Loss Challenge.
You’ll have access to 3,000 recipes, 28 days of customisable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans each month as well as daily mum-friendly exercise plans.
Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 2 million kilos between them!
Prices start from less than a dollar a day. Learn More Now