Thermomix Chocolate Healthy Hedgehog Slice
The chocolate hedgehog slice is one of our most popular Healthy Mummy recipes. It’s jam-packed full of healthy ingredients and super easy to make.
This Thermomix version is no exception and we suggest you make a double batch as one just won’t last long enough. Add these to your healthy eating meal plan for when you need a guilt free chocolate fix.
- 85 g dates pitted
- 150 g raw nuts e.g. walnuts and almonds
- 40 g honey
- 25 g cacao/cocoa powder
- 40 g desiccated coconut
- 125 g puffed rice
- 40 g coconut oil 2 heaped tbsp
- 100 g dark chocolate 70% cacao
- Soak dates in boiling water for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Place nuts and dates in the Thermomix bowl and pulse a couple of times until chopped – aim for a chunky consistency, not too fine.
- Add honey, cocoa/cacao, coconut and puffed rice, and mix for 15-20 seconds on reverse speed 3 until well combined.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Put coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat until melted. Tip half of the liquid oil into the Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds on reverse speed 3.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined slice tin and press down firmly until it is evenly spread and compacted. Place tin in the freezer. 7. Add the chocolate to the saucepan with
- the remaining coconut oil. Return to a low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Take the slice tin out of the freezer and pour the melted chocolate over the top until slice is evenly covered.
- Return to the freezer for 1-1.5 hours. When set, slice into 8 squares. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge
The dark chocolate can be substituted for milk chocolate, if you prefer, but calories and sugars will need to be adjusted. When slicing, dip the knife into boiling water first to avoid cracking the chocolate.
384 calories per slice
For more amazing and healthy Thermomix recipes, why not buy our Healthy Mummy Thermo cookbook.