Exercise is part of any good weight loss plan and this mum wanted just that when she joined the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Tegan Palmer’s aim was to lose weight and tone up in a healthy and sustainable way, and this is just what she is achieving.
Striving for your goal
Tegan found the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and initially joined to lose weight and get fit and she hasn’t looked back.
“I started the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to lose weight and get fit and that’s exactly what I’m doing. The program has been the only program I have found that 100% encourages you to lose weight and tone in a HEALTHY way,” she explains.
At The Healthy Mummy, we strive to create the healthiest and most delicious recipes for all, no matter what your preferences.
“The food is so nutritious and actually tastes amazing,” she says. “It taught me portion control which I never knew anything about before, and I love that it is so family friendly, and I’m not cooking different meals all the time.”
There are some nights that Tegan’s children won’t eat something from the meal she has prepared, but Tegan is fine with that as this doesn’t happen every night.
Tegan has lost 26kg
“After having two kids I reached the heaviest I had been of 102kg, I got down to 94kg but hit a plateau and decided I needed help reaching my final goal of 75kg. I continued to go it alone until I hit 90kg,” she says.
“I have been doing between 4-5 km walks daily this has been the easiest way for me to work out with the two kids,” explains Tegan.
“The Healthy Mummy has shown me that healthy nutritious food doesn’t have to blow the budget and can be so family-friendly for the kids with a little bit of time and planning following the app. I can feel within myself how much fitter and stronger I am.”
Healthy meals don’t have to blow the budget
Tegan’s 5 budgeting tips are:
- Plan meals and snacks with minimal ingredients that will last for a few days in the fridge if prepared in bulk like veggie sticks, boiled eggs, etc.
- Double the recipes and freeze meals for the following week. I have found that this has helped me keep my budget down the following week
- Check the cupboards and freezers and plan around what you already have
- Change the meat in lunches and dinners based around what meats on special or go meat-free one or two nights a week and then bulk those meals with leafy greens and vegetables
- If going to the gym will push the budget, then don’t go. There are plenty of ways to exercise without having to spend money on gym memberships. The Healthy Mummy app has been my go to when I want to work in certain areas of my body or if I’m energized and want to do some HIIT or Tabata workouts along with walking.
Tegan has bought her Healthy Mummy diary and loves it. “My plan is to do a motivational board and follow my days with The Healthy Mummy diary!”
Tegan says she wasn’t having a very good week, “I was having a very down week, I ate crap and didn’t exercise, I lost all motivation, then I looked through the Healthy Mummy diary and started planning my goals for next year. It helped me get back on track and start my week fresh again. I felt like just by reading the diary, it made me realise my goals and what I need to do to achieve them.”
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mummy?
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!