This Vegetarian Pizza Mug Meal has Less Calories Than a Slice of Pizza!
For those of us following a plant-based or flexitarian lifestyle, it can be tricky to find a Vegetarian Pizza that checks all the boxes. Is it QUICK to make? LOW CALORIE? DELICIOUS?
In winter, a sizzling slice of Pizza sounds like it would hit the spot. But afterwards, the empty calories of each slice can leave you feeling less than satisfied. A quick google search will reveal that just one slice of standard pizza on its own can be 285 calories. And I don’t know about you, but one slice of pizza just isn’t enough!
Introducing the Vegetarian Pizza Mug direct from 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. A FILLING and a NUTRITIOUS new way to enjoy pizza. At just $1.45 per serve, ready to eat in under 6 minutes and only 249 calories per serve, there’s finally a GUILT-FREE and affordable way for the whole family to enjoy pizza.
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||60 Seconds|
- Cooking spray
- 1 slice wholemeal bread, diced
- 1 tsp tomato passata
- 1/2 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp capsicum, dried
- 1/2 tbsp onion, finely diced
- 20 grams reduced fat tasty cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp olives, sliced and pitted
- Spray mug or microwave safe bowl with cooking spray.
- Place bread, passata, herbs, capsicum, onion and half the cheese into the mug and stir well, then press the mixture down.
- Top with remaining cheese and olives and microwave for 90sec in 30 second increments to heat through, melting the cheese.
This recipe makes 1 serving at 249 calories per serve.
Flexitarian, or looking for a meat-based alternative? Try this Ham & Cheese Pizza Mug !
More Unique Ways to Make Your Pizza and Eat it too:
- Potato Pizza, the recipe mums have been raving about!
- Snack-able Pizza Scrolls
- Easy to hold, easier to LOVE! Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
Want to access thousands of healthy recipes like these?
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add heaps of NEW recipes to the Healthy Mummy App. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on track with your weight loss while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.